Mr. John DeFerraro is the Director of Choral Activities at Conner High School in Hebron, KY. Under his direction, choirs consistently earn State Distinguished Ratings with Sweepstakes honors, and have collaborated with internationally recognized artists, such as the African Children’s Choir and Point of Grace.
For his relative young age, John has already performed and conducted music of all varieties (including opera companies, choirs, orchestras, bands, and drum corps) on regional and national stages throughout the United States, in addition to recent international solo and ensemble performances in Europe.
John was born in the beautiful Midwestern town of Louisville, Kentucky, and has dedicated his life to increasing the quality of choral arts programs within his home state and across the nation. John is a member of KMEA, ACDA, NAfME, CASA, and AEA, and regularly serves as a clinician, guest conductor, elected official, arranger, producer, and as a contributor to several committees.
• Kentucky Music Educators Association (KMEA)
Former State Choral Council Member
Chair, Choral Performance Literature Sub-Committee
• National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
National Recruiting and Mentoring task force
• American Choral Directors Association (ACDA)
Volunteer Mentor for new educators
• A Cappella Educators Association (AEA)
National Treasurer and Board Member
• Camp A Cappella
Small Ensemble Coach, Partner Educator
• Contemporary A Cappella Society (CASA)
Nominator and Judge for the CARA Awards
• Administrative Team member and Small Ensemble Coach
Camp A Cappella (on-going)
• Participant, Next Level Production Workshop
Produced by The Vocal Company (July 2016)
• Conductor, KMEA District 9 High School Honor Choir
To take place in October 2016
Recent Clinic Sessions
• "A Cappella Music for All"
Presented at the 2015 National A Cappella Convention
and at Camp A Cappella (2015)
• "Choral Music for the Developing Ensemble"
Presented at the 2016 KMEA In-Service Conference
• "Purchasing a Sound System"
Presented at the 2016 National A Cappella Convention